The management has made provisions for adequate crew training according to Ship Managers/Owner’s requirements as follows:
- Use of approved or accepted shore based training facilities or training programmes;
- Motivating seafarers to improve and update their qualifications related to their present position on board;
- Encouraging seafarers to improve and up-grade their current qualification;
- Ensuring where necessary that documented procedures for on board familiarization with ship’s machinery, equipment and systems are provided before taking responsibility onboard.
Monitoring of training program:
MD and/or CM will evaluate the effectiveness of the training program.
The major factors to be analysed are:
– total numbers of trainees inducted
– total number of trainees completed necessary sea time for examinations
– total number of trainees passed examinations
– number of attempts made by trainees to pass examination
– total number of trainees who rejoined the Company after obtaining their certificate
– total number of trainees who left our Company without completing sea time and reasons thereof
– total number of trainees who left our Company after obtaining their certificates and reasons thereof.
– confidential reports from vessels after the trainees return on board as certificated officers.